The Global Programme Learning Zone
We welcome you to the E-learning site of the UNFPA Global Programme.
The Global Programme to Enhance Reproductive Health Commodity Security (GPRHCS) aims to assist countries with the skills and guidance to plan for their own needs, and provide training to develop capacity at every step. As such, your commitment to improvement and learning to serve the population, as well as to improve your personal skills, is highly appreciated.
To find out more about the Global Programme you can click on the links in the 'Brochures' panel opposite.
We wish you a pleasant learning experience.
UNFPA has developed three e-courses in the area of Procurement with special focus on reproductive health commodities. The courses are available at no cost and are accessible at any time, offering flexible learning as the system allows users to resume from where they left off. This means users do not need to complete the courses in one session. The courses include:
1. UNFPA- Introduction to Procurement, which explains the key steps and principles to be applied when procuring goods and services. Available in: English, Arabic, French, Russian Mongolian, Portuguese, Spanish.
2. UNFPA – Ethics in Procurement, which focuses on the role of ethics in specific stages of the procurement process. Available in: English, French, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish.
3. NEW! UNFPA – Quality Assurance of Medicines provides a better understanding of the general policy and legislative framework and processes that apply at country and international levels. The processes provide guidance that must be followed in order to assure that a medicine complies with the quality, safety and efficacy of international standards needed to serve its purpose within the health programs. Currently only available in English, with French and Spanish on the way.
4. Planned for 2015! The team is also in the process of developing other e-courses, such as: WHO’s Good Governance for Medicines (to be released in June), and Distribution and Warehousing.
To gain access to the e-courses, please click on the Learning Zone. Please note that the first time you access the system, you will need to receive a user login and password provided by the Global Programme Team. To request an account please contact Lukasz Maciejewski at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The target audience includes individuals working in
- Governments (mainly Ministries of Health and Finance)
- Civil Society (local education institutions)
- Grassroots Organisations
- UNFPA Country Offices